From: Hyder Zaidi on
One of the biggest challenge, which I am facing is to determine what baseline
# is set against the task in order to determine the status [RAG].
We are using almost each option in the projects to track the projects [i.e.
Baseline entire project or Baseline selected tasks].
If this feature is not available in 2007, can any one know is Microsoft is
covering in upcoming version of 2010.
--
Regards,
Hyder Zaidi
From: Andrew Lavinsky on
This is actually a training issue, as the best practice is to always ensure
the most recent baseline is Baseline 0.

Initially, you create Baseline 0, then copy it to Baseline 1 for posterity.
When you have a major change, you modify Baseline 0, then copy to Baseline
2 for posterity.

.....and so on and so forth.

This way, all of the formulas and views work with no need for modification.

There's a good treatment of this topic in IIL's Dynamic Scheduling for Microsoft
Project 2003 (or 2007). Alternately, search this newsgroup for "baseline
change" or similar terms to get more information.

I don't believe that Project 2010 handles this issue any differently.

- Andrew Lavinsky
Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm