From: Danny on
Hi.

I've built a pivot table, and get totals values displayed as expected. In
this case, it's a count of records.

But I also want to see values for several expressions involving select
categories. For example:

Status
______

Location | Total Number of Records | Total of Status1 / Total
Number of Records

Is this possible?

Thanks.

Danny
From: Duane Hookom on
There is a method for generating multiple values but it looks at only the
values related to the current Column Heading. For instance if you wanted both
a count and sum for the current Column and Row.

It looks like you want to divide a single column value by a total of all
columns to get a percent.

Have you considered creating a report that divides the status count by the
total count?
--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

From: Danny on
Hi Duane.

You're exactly right - I want to divide a specific column total by the Grand
Total. A report would be ok, except I want the user to be able to change the
Group By columns on the fly - which a pivot table would allow, wouldn't it?

Can I base a pivot table on a crosstab query where I would have those
expressions as calculated fields?

From: Duane Hookom on
You could possibly pass in the "a specific column" to the query to create a
Row Heading with your calculated value.

--
Duane Hookom
MS Access MVP