From: Cam on
Hello,

I am trying to create an IIF query field where if RtgGrp not equal NA or
Non, the return Yes, otherwise return No. But it is not working. What is
wrong with the formula? Thanks

NoNONV?: IIf([RtgGrp]<>"NA" or "Non","Yes","No")
From: fredg on
On Mon, 17 May 2010 09:18:01 -0700, Cam wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to create an IIF query field where if RtgGrp not equal NA or
> Non, the return Yes, otherwise return No. But it is not working. What is
> wrong with the formula? Thanks
>
> NoNONV?: IIf([RtgGrp]<>"NA" or "Non","Yes","No")

You have to repeat the Criteria Field name fo each criteria:

NoNONV?: IIf([RtgGrp]<>"NA" or [RtgGrp]<>"Non","Yes","No")

Perhaps an easier expression to use would be:

NoNONV?:IIf([RtgGrp] In("NA","Non"), "No","Yes")

--
Fred
Please respond only to this newsgroup.
From: Marshall Barton on
Cam wrote:
>I am trying to create an IIF query field where if RtgGrp not equal NA or
>Non, the return Yes, otherwise return No. But it is not working. What is
>wrong with the formula? Thanks
>
>NoNONV?: IIf([RtgGrp]<>"NA" or "Non","Yes","No")

Two things, you must use both operands in each comparison
and since the RtgGrp field can not be equal to both NA and
NON, the Or will always be true. Do it this way:

NoNONV?: IIf(RtgGrp<>"NA" AND RtgGrp<>"Non","Yes","No")

It is a poor practice to use a name with a non alphanumeric
character, so I strongly suggest that you get rid of the ?
in the calculated field's name.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]