From: Terry S on
I have an app that is to have multiple icons in the exe which the user
can select for the app's explorer shortcut icon... 4 different icons,
each containing 16x16, 32x32 and 48x48 icons, made with Axialis.

I'm having a problem using the resource file method for the icons.
When you "right-click > Properties > Change Icon" on the shortcut, it
displays the 16x16 icons in the selection pane and selecting an icon
gives the 16x16 icon for the shortcut. All 4 icons are there in the
exe, I just get the 16x16 ones (stretched).

What can I be doing wrong?

Thanx

From: Auric__ on
On Thu, 08 Nov 2007 05:39:17 GMT, Terry S wrote:

> I have an app that is to have multiple icons in the exe which the
> user can select for the app's explorer shortcut icon... 4 different
> icons, each containing 16x16, 32x32 and 48x48 icons, made with
> Axialis.
>
> I'm having a problem using the resource file method for the icons.
> When you "right-click > Properties > Change Icon" on the shortcut,
> it displays the 16x16 icons in the selection pane and selecting an
> icon gives the 16x16 icon for the shortcut. All 4 icons are there
> in the exe, I just get the 16x16 ones (stretched).
>
> What can I be doing wrong?

There are a handful of things that might be wrong. *I* would open the
icons in a different editing program (I use MSVC6 and an old version
of Microangelo) and save from there with a different name, then bring
the new icons into the project and kill the old ones.

--
auric dot auric at gmail dot com
email sent to the above address is not treated as private