From: Shon on
I am trying to create a query to say I want everything from a table but not
the following multiple reference numbers e.g.

<>4000
<>3568
<>5869
<>1023
<>4759

If I do just 1 not criteria it works, as soon as i try to put more in it
does not work. I have tried putting each one in on a seperate row and tried
<>4000 or <>3568 or 5869 etc but neither works

Any ideas?
From: John Spencer on
You should be using AND instead of OR. You want records where the value is
NOT 4000 and the same Value Is NOT 3568 etc.

You can also use this expression which is equivalent and much easier to enter
in one criteria "rectangle".

NOT IN (4000,3568,5869,1023,4759)

John Spencer
Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010
The Hilltop Institute
University of Maryland Baltimore County

Shon wrote:
> I am trying to create a query to say I want everything from a table but not
> the following multiple reference numbers e.g.
>
> <>4000
> <>3568
> <>5869
> <>1023
> <>4759
>
> If I do just 1 not criteria it works, as soon as i try to put more in it
> does not work. I have tried putting each one in on a seperate row and tried
> <>4000 or <>3568 or 5869 etc but neither works
>
> Any ideas?

Pages: 1
Prev: Get run time from date time stamps
Next: Decimals