From: littlemissfish on
I've never set up a formula before, not even the most basic. I need help and
I'm not sure if its entirely possible. Please let me know.

Labor Hours Labor Cost (95/hr)
2 190
5 950

I need to be able to enter in the number of hours in one cell (under labor
hrs) and have those hours multiplied by the cost ($95) and the product
displayed in the cooresponding cell (under labor cost).
Is this possible? If so, how?
From: trip_to_tokyo on
EXCEL 2007

1. In cell A2 I have put your 2 (your hours figure).

2. In cell B2 I have put 95 (being 95 dollars per hour).

3. I cell C2 I have put the formula:-

=(A2*B2)

The gives a result of 190 in cell C2.

Thanks.

From: T. Valko on
Let's assume:

Cell A1 = header = Labor Hours
Cell B1 = header = Labor Cost

Enter the multiplier in a cell, also. Say cell C1 = multiplier = 95

A2:A3 are the hours worked

Now, enter this formula in cell B2:

=A2*C$1

With cell B2 still selected, notice the little black "square" on the bottom
right of the selected cell? Hover your mouse over that little black square
until the cursor changes from a fat + (plus) sign to a skinny + (plus) sign.
When the cursor is a skinny + (plus) sign click and hold the left mouse
button then drag the cursor down the column to cell B3. Release the left
mouse button.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP