From: John W. Vinson on
On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 00:06:12 -0700 (PDT), atledreier <atledreier(a)gmail.com>
wrote:

>I have a problem I can't wrap my head around.
>
>I have a database with mostly normalized data.
>
>I have a few tables with a common key, so they are no problem
>
>TBL_Tag
>*tagno
>description
>area
>etc...
>
>TBL_Tag_Termination
>*Tagno
>misc tag info...
>
>TBL_Tag_Misc
>*Tagno
>misc tag info fields...

So these are one-to-one relationships, with Tagno being the primary key of all
the tables?

If you need the users to be able to edit data in any or all of the tables,
with the possibility to have some of the child tables empty, it's going to be
really difficult to get a single editable query. However it's probably also
unnecessary. You could instead use a Form based on TBL_Tag with Subforms based
on the related tables, using Tagno as the master/child link field.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: atledreier on
I set the Recordset type to Dynaset (inconsistent updates), that made
it editable.

This is a split database. Any drawbacks?

From: John W. Vinson on
On Fri, 23 Apr 2010 06:10:07 -0700 (PDT), atledreier <atledreier(a)gmail.com>
wrote:

>I set the Recordset type to Dynaset (inconsistent updates), that made
>it editable.
>
>This is a split database. Any drawbacks?

Performance might be impeded, but if you can get it updateable, more power to
you.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]