From: Pluto on
I have an old CD ROM (probably 7-8 years old) which I used to run with
Virtual PC on my old Mac PowerBook. It is a collection of Beatles
albums which allow you to select and view the lyrics, Album art etc. as
the songs are played. I can now run Windows XP on a MacBook under Boot
Camp and wanted to copy the CD to my Windows HD partition so that I
could run the program off the HD rather than off the CD.

I was not able to copy the CD in Windows, since I did not know how to
avoid the "Autoplay" feature which kicked in to play the CD. So I
copied the CD in Mac OS and dropped the resulting folder into "My
Music" on my Windows partition. I now have a folder called "Beatles" in
my "My Music" folder, which includes the software to run the songs:

AUTORUN.INF
BEATLES.EXE
INSTALL.EXE

and a sub-folder ("BEATLES") containing the albums/songs themselves.
However, now when I click to run the program BEATLES.EXE I get the
following dialog:

"The MCI device you are using does not support the command you are
using"

What does this mean, and what do I have to do to boot this program?

I should add that "AUTORUN.INF" boots as a text file with Notepad,
while the install program simply creates a folder called "Rock Legends"
with nothing in it.

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

From: Gary peirpoint on
"Pluto" <woodsjf(a)sympatico.ca> wrote in message
>I have an old CD ROM (probably 7-8 years old) which I used to run with
> Virtual PC on my old Mac PowerBook. It is a collection of Beatles
> albums which allow you to select and view the lyrics, Album art etc. as
> the songs are played. I can now run Windows XP on a MacBook under Boot
> Camp and wanted to copy the CD to my Windows HD partition so that I
> could run the program off the HD rather than off the CD.
>
> I was not able to copy the CD in Windows, since I did not know how to
> avoid the "Autoplay" feature which kicked in to play the CD. So I
> copied the CD in Mac OS and dropped the resulting folder into "My
> Music" on my Windows partition. I now have a folder called "Beatles" in
> my "My Music" folder, which includes the software to run the songs:
>
> AUTORUN.INF
> BEATLES.EXE
> INSTALL.EXE
>
> and a sub-folder ("BEATLES") containing the albums/songs themselves.
> However, now when I click to run the program BEATLES.EXE I get the
> following dialog:
>
> "The MCI device you are using does not support the command you are
> using"
>
> What does this mean, and what do I have to do to boot this program?
>
> I should add that "AUTORUN.INF" boots as a text file with Notepad,
> while the install program simply creates a folder called "Rock Legends"
> with nothing in it.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help on this.

Stick it in the root of the drive, not in a sub-directory.