From: Spinner on
Mok-Kong Shen <mok-kong.shen(a)t-online.de> wrote:

>Spinner wrote:
>
>> That's not even english.
>
>I suppose in a group that is not dedicated to discussions on languages
>one could be a little bit tolerant about foreigners' poor English (if
>one notes that 'english' is also not English).
>
>M. K. Shen

Then how about 'not grammatically constructed as to make sense in any
known language'. However you translate it, the nouns and verbs do not
make a sentence that conveys information.

Typical nit pick response that's the fingerprint of a genuine troll.
It's always nice to decoloak one now and then.
--
2+2!=5 even for extremely large values of 2
From: Mok-Kong Shen on
Spinner wroe:
> Mok-Kong Shen wrote:
>
>> Spinner wrote:
>>
>>> That's not even english.
>> I suppose in a group that is not dedicated to discussions on languages
>> one could be a little bit tolerant about foreigners' poor English (if
>> one notes that 'english' is also not English).

> Then how about 'not grammatically constructed as to make sense in any
> known language'. However you translate it, the nouns and verbs do not
> make a sentence that conveys information.

I can admit that I have the not very nice habit of writing unusually
long and complex sentences, often with embeded parentheses etc., and
that in the post in question I perhaps should have used 'since in them'
in place of 'in that' and maybe also put in some additional punctuation
marks to ensure unambigious parsing, but I think the meaning of the
sentence should nonetheless be clear to a normal reader. Now how about
this:

I learned however that computer arts (since in them no such comparisons
can be done, each piece being originally created by the artist/user
with (rather arbitrary) creativity) could apparently offer quite
some advantages as carriers of stego, since they could easily adapt
to external constraints, if required. [1]

Could you make sense out of it or nothing at all? If yes, please
re-read the original and give your critque to that once again with
some details.

M. K. Shen
From: Noob on
Spinner wrote:

> Typical nit pick response that's the fingerprint of a genuine troll.
> It's always nice to decloak one now and then.

Plonk him, like some (most?) have already done.

> --
> 2+2!=5 even for extremely large values of 2

The sig delimiter is DASH DASH SPACE NEWLINE.

Yours is missing the SPACE ;-)
From: WTShaw on
On Nov 29, 4:19 pm, Mok-Kong Shen <mok-kong.s...(a)t-online.de> wrote:
> Spinner wroe:
>
> > Mok-Kong Shen wrote:

> >> I suppose in a group that is not dedicated to discussions on languages
> >> one could be a little bit tolerant about foreigners' poor English (if
> >> one notes that 'english' is also not English).
> > Then how about 'not grammatically constructed as to make sense in any
> > known language'.  However you translate it, the nouns and verbs do not
> > make a sentence that conveys information.
>
> I can admit that I have the not very nice habit of writing unusually
> long and complex sentences, often with embeded parentheses etc., and
> that in the post in question I perhaps should have used 'since in them'
> in place of 'in that' and maybe also put in some additional punctuation
> marks to ensure unambigious parsing, but I think the meaning of the
> sentence should nonetheless be clear to a normal reader. Now how about
> this:
>
>    I learned however that computer arts (since in them no such comparisons
>    can be done, each piece being originally created by the artist/user
>    with (rather arbitrary) creativity) could apparently offer quite
>    some advantages as carriers of stego, since they could easily adapt
>    to external constraints, if required. [1]
>
> Could you make sense out of it or nothing at all? If yes, please
> re-read the original and give your critque to that once again with
> some details.
>
> M. K. Shen

A programmer who writes a program that has ranges of options has
allowed those options by his selection. Who is the composer therein?
Such a production defines a new class of creation, rather a response
to a ripple started by the creator. Such constraints on the creation
could be used for stego purposes but I reserve the right to find some
of the intermediate products worth listening to in themselves.

In search of some stego capabilities years ago, I toyed with colors
and other image parameters which I could force on pictures. I found
worthwhile rewards in science and in art thus produced but I reserve
the right to pick what art I like and not promulgate that which I do
not find appeasing. The art side drew me into rather unexpected
circles and rather devoid of squares. (Pardont the idiomatic content
here..)
From: mosherubin on
On Nov 30, 12:19 am, Mok-Kong Shen <mok-kong.s...(a)t-online.de> wrote:
> Spinner wroe:
>
> > Mok-Kong Shen wrote:

> >> I suppose in a group that is not dedicated to discussions on languages
> >> one could be a little bit tolerant about foreigners' poor English (if
> >> one notes that 'english' is also not English).
> > Then how about 'not grammatically constructed as to make sense in any
> > known language'.  However you translate it, the nouns and verbs do not
> > make a sentence that conveys information.
>
> I can admit that I have the not very nice habit of writing unusually
> long and complex sentences, often with embeded parentheses etc., and
> that in the post in question I perhaps should have used 'since in them'
> in place of 'in that' and maybe also put in some additional punctuation
> marks to ensure unambigious parsing, but I think the meaning of the
> sentence should nonetheless be clear to a normal reader. Now how about
> this:
>
>    I learned however that computer arts (since in them no such comparisons
>    can be done, each piece being originally created by the artist/user
>    with (rather arbitrary) creativity) could apparently offer quite
>    some advantages as carriers of stego, since they could easily adapt
>    to external constraints, if required. [1]
>
> Could you make sense out of it or nothing at all? If yes, please
> re-read the original and give your critque to that once again with
> some details.
>
> M. K. Shen

Hi M. K. Shen,

After reading the last few replies to your posting, I feel compelled
to comment.

I am amazed anew how abrasive, unpleasant, nasty, offensive,
loathsome, toxic, and petty some people can be. Truth be told, it is
the hallmark of a small, jealous, and angry mind. Even if one finds
the wording a bit hard to understand, there is a civil and cultured
way to ask for clarification.

Forums like sci.crypt are meant to stimulate a free-flowing stream of
ideas. The fact that there are those who try to poison the
atmosphere, have nothing constructive to contribute, and attempt to
stifle creativity (for reasons known only to them) will someday make a
fascinating psychoanalytic study. Just ignore the noise.

Your postings to date have always been thought-provoking and creative,
and you should continue posting for many years to come. I only wish I
knew a foreign language as well as you know English.

Moshe

P.S. To all flamers in the present and the future, save yourselves
the trouble and don't bother following up on this one -- it is
intended primarily for M. K. Shen, and is only being "CC'd" to
everyone else.