From: Bee on
I installed camera software from Trendnet that did not work so after an hour
on the phoine with their tech support i uninstalled it from my Vista PC.
Now many of my VB6 apps crash on startup.

Question has two parts.
(1) i opend the IDE to find that one of the apps loaded fine but crashed on
a line using FSO.
So I looked at the References and found that the Microsoft Scripting Runtime
was checked but down below there was no path or file.
I believe that means that the file is gone, probably removed by the Trendnet
uninstall. Thanks a lot TrendNet.

So, where do I get this file and how do I put it back in?

(2) other than trapping error 429 what is the best way to handle this type
of problem. the messages says ActiveX component can't create object.

Is there a way to get the name of the object so an error message can say
what is missing?

From: FM on
Was a system restore point created before you installed the Trendnet
software? Have you tried to do a restore?

Regards
FM

From: Mike Williams on
"Bee" <Bee(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> (1) i opend the IDE to find that one of the apps loaded fine
> but crashed on a line using FSO. So I looked at the References
> and found that the Microsoft Scripting Runtime was checked
> but down below there was no path or file. I believe that means
> that the file is gone

That's lucky. Now you'll be able to code without it and your code will then
work on machines on which it has been deliberately disabled ;-)

> So, where do I get this file and how do I put it back in?

Like FM has said, maybe a system restore will put it back.

Mike

From: Michel Posseth [MCP] on

AFAIK

The scrrun.dll is now part of IE and there should be no need to deploy it
with your app
as you stated another app removed your scrrun.dll , so you might solve the
problem by performing a system restore
or by extracting the scrrun.dll from the last availlable deploy package that
ms provided
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=47809025-D896-482E-A0D6-524E7E844D81&displaylang=en

HTH

Michel

"Bee" <Bee(a)discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
>I installed camera software from Trendnet that did not work so after an
>hour
> on the phoine with their tech support i uninstalled it from my Vista PC.
> Now many of my VB6 apps crash on startup.
>
> Question has two parts.
> (1) i opend the IDE to find that one of the apps loaded fine but crashed
> on
> a line using FSO.
> So I looked at the References and found that the Microsoft Scripting
> Runtime
> was checked but down below there was no path or file.
> I believe that means that the file is gone, probably removed by the
> Trendnet
> uninstall. Thanks a lot TrendNet.
>
> So, where do I get this file and how do I put it back in?
>
> (2) other than trapping error 429 what is the best way to handle this type
> of problem. the messages says ActiveX component can't create object.
>
> Is there a way to get the name of the object so an error message can say
> what is missing?

Pages: 1
Prev: CreateNewDesktop bug
Next: My VB6 Apps Crash