From: B&E on

> The bottom line is that benchmark programs really don't mean anything.
> If your PC makes you happy, and runs the stuff you want it to run in a
> manner you'd like it to run, then your PC is plenty fast. If you're
> having problems with some program, then it's time to delve into the
> reasons why that may be.

Couldnt have said it better myself; Its a shame when ppl are too
fussed to 'know' (most dont) how their PC rates etc, as opposed to
simply sitting back and enjoying what they got.
I use a comp everyday, and it serves me well, and sure as heck aint
running win7 or its two priors.

2bobs worth. (anyone lend me two bob?)
From: Robert Macy on
On Apr 8, 10:40 am, "Ritter197" <Ritter...(a)Comcast.net> wrote:
> How can I check the 1 bus cycle???
>
> "Robert Macy" <m...(a)california.com> wrote in message

> >> hardware or software?  just a shot in the dark:
>
> >> any chance your RAM is too slow and has a 'wait' state in there?
>
> >> Skipping one clock cycle would definitely slow you down by almost a
> >> factor of two.  Right?
>
> > I meant one bus cycle

I use a Logic Analyzer.

I'm out of my league now. with regard to whether a wait state is
inserted because it was sensed [meaning the RAM, etc is too slow] or
whether it is put in by software. Anybody know out there?
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Printer icon in SysTray always shows?
Next: PureHD