From: Ritter197 on
My HP Pavilion Q8200, 8GB RAM, WIN7 scores low compared

MY HP Pavilion Intel CPU Q8200 scores low when compared with other CPUs,
same Q8200, same RAM (8GB or less) same Graphics Express NVDIA 9400GT,
Windows 7, no applications loaded other than ESET NOD32 AV.
My HP gets only a score of 691 whereas a worldwide database for same CPU,
same RAM, same Graphics card gets 1220, 1144, 1191, 1291 and higher.
I have deleted all cookies, de-fragmented my hard drive, reduced Restore
points.
HP support is poor and spending 1 hour with them is useless.
Any ideas here???

From: Elmo on
Ritter197 wrote:
> My HP Pavilion Q8200, 8GB RAM, WIN7 scores low compared

> MY HP Pavilion Intel CPU Q8200 scores low when compared with other CPUs,
> same Q8200, same RAM (8GB or less) same Graphics Express NVDIA 9400GT,
> Windows 7, no applications loaded other than ESET NOD32 AV.
> My HP gets only a score of 691 whereas a worldwide database for same
> CPU, same RAM, same Graphics card gets 1220, 1144, 1191, 1291 and higher.
> I have deleted all cookies, de-fragmented my hard drive, reduced Restore
> points.
> HP support is poor and spending 1 hour with them is useless.
> Any ideas here???

Here's an idea.. post where you got this "score".

--
Joe =o)
From: SC Tom on

"Ritter197" <Ritter197(a)Comcast.net> wrote in message
> My HP Pavilion Q8200, 8GB RAM, WIN7 scores low compared

> MY HP Pavilion Intel CPU Q8200 scores low when compared with other CPUs,
> same Q8200, same RAM (8GB or less) same Graphics Express NVDIA 9400GT,
> Windows 7, no applications loaded other than ESET NOD32 AV.
> My HP gets only a score of 691 whereas a worldwide database for same CPU,
> same RAM, same Graphics card gets 1220, 1144, 1191, 1291 and higher.
> I have deleted all cookies, de-fragmented my hard drive, reduced Restore
> points.
> HP support is poor and spending 1 hour with them is useless.
> Any ideas here???

Here's another idea: Crosspost, do not multipost
SC Tom

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed
any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician."
Lt. Col. J.D. "Jeff" Cooper, USMC, Ret.

From: Ritter197 on
OK, noted. Thanks.

From: Andrew E. on
Compare any two pc cpu specs isnt saying much.Unless they are identical,
pc speed tests will always be diffrent,one pc may run SATA/RAID,data transfer
will outperform any single IDE or single SATA hd,plus many other factors.Even
the settings with a page file will change CPU speed,8 or 20MB of ram would'nt
matter.One other item,hp & dell,usually install the wimpiest hardware they
can get away with...

"Ritter197" wrote:

> My HP Pavilion Q8200, 8GB RAM, WIN7 scores low compared

> MY HP Pavilion Intel CPU Q8200 scores low when compared with other CPUs,
> same Q8200, same RAM (8GB or less) same Graphics Express NVDIA 9400GT,
> Windows 7, no applications loaded other than ESET NOD32 AV.
> My HP gets only a score of 691 whereas a worldwide database for same CPU,
> same RAM, same Graphics card gets 1220, 1144, 1191, 1291 and higher.
> I have deleted all cookies, de-fragmented my hard drive, reduced Restore
> points.
> HP support is poor and spending 1 hour with them is useless.
> Any ideas here???
>

> .
>
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Printer icon in SysTray always shows?
Next: PureHD