From: jonmarcr on
Setting up a new wireless networking card; I get to the point where I right
click the connection in order to configure the SSID WEP key etc and that tab
is missing. (The one you have to check to allow windows to configure the
wireles connection).How can I get it back? I refreshed my windows update
including (finally) installing serive pack 2 but that did not cure the
problem.
Thanks
--
jon
From: JoeT on

"jonmarcr" <jonmarcr(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Setting up a new wireless networking card; I get to the point where I
> right
> click the connection in order to configure the SSID WEP key etc and that
> tab
> is missing. (The one you have to check to allow windows to configure the
> wireles connection).How can I get it back? I refreshed my windows update
> including (finally) installing serive pack 2 but that did not cure the
> problem.
> Thanks
> --
> jon

You probably have to decide you want to use WZC instead of any included
utility to config/run the new card, more often that not WZC is incompatible
with them.

To enable WZC

Control panel
administrative tools
services
wireless zero configuration
startup type : automatic
service status: start

rebstart windows, you may have to reboot to get it to autostart and stick

From: jonmarcr on
Thanks!

I've just looked at the admin services tab and there is no windows zero
configuration service - is there an acronym?

--
jon

From: jonmarcr on
correction I meant wireless zero configuration
--
jon

From: Clark on
Do you have the connection Enabled?

Clark

"jonmarcr" <jonmarcr(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Setting up a new wireless networking card; I get to the point where I
> right
> click the connection in order to configure the SSID WEP key etc and that
> tab
> is missing. (The one you have to check to allow windows to configure the
> wireles connection).How can I get it back? I refreshed my windows update
> including (finally) installing serive pack 2 but that did not cure the
> problem.
> Thanks
> --
> jon