From: Bwig Zomberi on
Ry Nohryb wrote:
> On May 19, 7:29 pm, Dr J R Stockton<reply1...(a)merlyn.demon.co.uk>
> wrote:
>> In comp.lang.javascript message<hsulu9$1h...(a)news.eternal-
>> september.org>, Tue, 18 May 2010 11:23:01, Garrett Smith
>> <dhtmlkitc...(a)gmail.com> posted:

>> Never trust anything whose name looks like a spelling error.
>>
>>> Best get a newsreader. You can sign up for a free account on eternal-
>>> september.org
>>
>>> Worth mentioning in the FAQ?
>>
>> Only if others are also mentioned, and the list is either complete or
>> evidently incomplete. AIOE is worth including.
>
> And news.sunsite.dk.
>
> And groups.google.com, of course, the *most*convenient* way to access
> the usenet, with a complete, searchable archive of any imaginable
> usenet group of the present or the past.
>
> It's so funny to see the regulars of a JS group being against the use
> of the browser to access the usenet... Ludicrous. Geez, what a bunch
> of thick idiots.

It is better to use a mail client because web versions tends serve ads.
One of the reasons why Microsoft is shutting down their newsgroups is
because they can serve ads web forums.

The web versions do some potential harm to newsgroups. Newcomers are
intimated by newsgroups as the posts seem to be linked to an e-mail
address. Newcomers think they will have to expose their e-mail addresses
if they have to participate in newsgroups. In a web forum, they think
they only have to expose their account username, not their email address.

--
Bwig Zomberi