From: Greg Rose on
In article <45e45f6e$0$4730$6e1ede2f(a)read.cnntp.org>,
Thorsten Kiefer <toki782(a)usenet.cnntp.org> wrote:
>Hi,
>I did some research on breaking Rijndael.
>I converted the Rijndael algorithm into a SAT-instance.
>Then I added the 1-literal clauses of the plaintext and the key.
>Then I ran my favorite SAT-solver on this instance, and the result was
>the correct encryption of the plaintext with the given key.
>
>Now what more intersting :
>I only add the 1-literal clauses of the plaintext and the ciphertext.
>Now the solution should contain the correct key.
>At the moment my SAT-solver does not terminate in finite time for this
>constellation.
>
>I call this the SAT-attack.
>
>Is anyone interested ? Shall I provide links to my programs ?

Nicolas Courtois gave a talk along these lines at
a recent symmetric crypto workshop in Germany.
Let's see...
http://www.dagstuhl.de/en/program/calendar/semhp/?semid=30851
(I'm right up the back, Nicolas is the big guy in
the middle next to Eli).

Greg.
--
Greg Rose
232B EC8F 44C6 C853 D68F E107 E6BF CD2F 1081 A37C
From: Thorsten Kiefer on
Greg Rose wrote:

> In article <45e45f6e$0$4730$6e1ede2f(a)read.cnntp.org>,
> Thorsten Kiefer <toki782(a)usenet.cnntp.org> wrote:
>>Hi,
>>I did some research on breaking Rijndael.
>>I converted the Rijndael algorithm into a SAT-instance.
>>Then I added the 1-literal clauses of the plaintext and the key.
>>Then I ran my favorite SAT-solver on this instance, and the result was
>>the correct encryption of the plaintext with the given key.
>>
>>Now what more intersting :
>>I only add the 1-literal clauses of the plaintext and the ciphertext.
>>Now the solution should contain the correct key.
>>At the moment my SAT-solver does not terminate in finite time for this
>>constellation.
>>
>>I call this the SAT-attack.
>>
>>Is anyone interested ? Shall I provide links to my programs ?
>
> Nicolas Courtois gave a talk along these lines at
> a recent symmetric crypto workshop in Germany.
> Let's see...
> http://www.dagstuhl.de/en/program/calendar/semhp/?semid=30851
> (I'm right up the back, Nicolas is the big guy in
> the middle next to Eli).
>
> Greg.

Seems like someone already did this for DES.
Has anyone ever tried Rijndael ?

Get my programs from
http://nillakaes.de/dtest.tar.gz

Simply carefully follow the instructions in the README.
The program only works with siege_v4 (see google).

-Thorsten

From: Mike Amling on
Thorsten Kiefer wrote:
> <posted & mailed>
>
> Thorsten Kiefer wrote:
>
>> Sebastian Gottschalk wrote:

>>> Your values for n are too low, your sample points too dense. Try n=24,
>>> n=32, n=36, n=40 and see how you 'b' jumps high.
>> OK, I assume b=1.3 and n = 24. According to my formula this will take
>> 24s * 1.3^24 = 13027s = 3.6 hours.
>>
>> I'll will try that. Maybe I can give you the result tomorrow.
>
> OK, It has been running for 900 minutes now, and it is still searching...
> So b tends towards 1.4 (at the moment).

We might note that 24 unknown bits in the key could be recovered from
a plaintext/ciphertext pair by brute force in about one second.

--Mike Amling
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: help needed