From: Gustav Wiberg on
Hi!

Trying to figure out mysqldump. How would i type to making a backup of a database with specific username and password with mysqldump?

I've tryed making a backup-schema through MySQL Administrator but there it says... Wrong password. I've changed the password type to Obscure but it doesn't seem to matter.

Best regards
/Gustav Wiberg
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Mikael_Gr=F6n?= on
mysqldump -uusername -ppassword database > output.file

or
mysqldump -uusername -p database > output.file
which lets you specify the password cloaked right after you've hit enter.

Remember, no spaces between -u and the username or -p and the password.

Mike

From: Gustav Wiberg on
Hi there!

Thanx. Does this mean that I have to this on each database if I want to create ba

Gustav Wiberg skrev:
> Hi!
>
> Trying to figure out mysqldump. How would i type to making a backup of a database with specific username and password with mysqldump?
>
> I've tryed making a backup-schema through MySQL Administrator but there it says... Wrong password. I've changed the password type to Obscure but it doesn't seem to matter.
>
> Best regards
> /Gustav Wiberg

Hi there!

Thanx! Does this mean that I can't use option -ALL databases when using usernames and passwords?
(I want to create a backup each night for every database we own with mysqldump)

Gustav Wiberg skrev:
> Hi!
>
> Trying to figure out mysqldump. How would i type to making a backup of a database with specific username and password with mysqldump?
>
> I've tryed making a backup-schema through MySQL Administrator but there it says... Wrong password. I've changed the password type to Obscure but it doesn't seem to matter.
>
> Best regards
> /Gustav Wiberg

mysqldump -uusername -p -A > output.file
Enter password: [password]

Done

Gustav Wiberg skrev:
> Hi there!
>
> Thanx! Does this mean that I can't use option -ALL databases when using usernames and passwords?
> (I want to create a backup each night for every database we own with mysqldump)
>
> Best regards
> /Gustav Wiberg

Pages: 1 2
Prev: Gantt-charts in PHP?