From: Peter on
Hi All,

I have a table which contain's some duplicate rows. I just want to
delete the duplicate records alone
not original records.

Assume my table as look as below

column1 column2
1
1
2
3
3

i want the above table need to be as below, After executing the mysql
query.

column1
column2
1
2
3

Thanks in advance..

Regards
Peter
From: Paul M Foster on
On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 10:14:30AM +0530, Peter wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have a table which contain's some duplicate rows. I just want to
> delete the duplicate records alone
> not original records.
>
> Assume my table as look as below
>
> column1 column2
> 1
> 1
> 2
> 3
> 3
>

> i want the above table need to be as below, After executing the mysql
> query.
>
> column1
> column2
> 1
> 2
> 3

If you're looking for a MySQL solution to this, this is the wrong list
to ask the question on. In fact, I'd be surprised to find a MySQL query
which would do this.

For a PHP solution, you'll need to query MySQL for all the rows, in
order by the column you want to use to kill duplicates. Then loop
through the rows one at a time in PHP, checking the contents of that
column against the last iteration. If they are the same, issue a DELETE
command in MySQL. Continue the loop until all rows are exhausted.

Paul

--
Paul M. Foster
From: Shafiq Rehman on
On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 10:44 AM, Peter <peters(a)egrabber.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have a  table which contain's some duplicate rows. I just want to delete
> the duplicate records alone
> not original records.
>
> Assume my table as look as below
>
> column1 column2
> 1
> 1
> 2
> 3
> 3
>

> i want the above table need  to be as below, After executing the mysql
> query.
>
> column1
>        column2
> 1
> 2
> 3
>

> Thanks in advance..
>
> Regards
> Peter

Create a table with similar structure and add UNIQUE INDEX on both
columns. Execute the following query:

INSERT IGNORE INTO NEW_TABLE (column1, column2) SELECT column1,
column2 FROM OLD_TABLE

This will give you distinct rows as required.

--
Keep Smiling :-)
Shafiq Rehman
From: shiplu on
Use distinct.

SELECT DISTINCT COLUMN1, COLUMN2 FROM ... ...

Shiplu Mokadd.im
My talks, http://talk.cmyweb.net
Follow me, http://twitter.com/shiplu
SUST Programmers, http://groups.google.com/group/p2psust
Innovation distinguishes bet ... ... (ask Steve Jobs the rest)
From: Peter on
Hi Shiplu,

Thanks for reply.

Distinct function hide the duplicate records while we selecting the
record through the Query

i want to remove the duplicate entries in my table

i need a Delete Query instead of Select Query