From: Isaac Lee on
this is the second time that i have made an account and set the
password. then when i try to reaccess phpadmin, it shows this message:

Error

#1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

What am supposed to do so that my regain access to phpadmin?  edit the
php.ini file?

isaac
From: "Carlos Sura" on
Hello Isaac Lee.

Are you running on Linux or Windows?

You might try:
mysql> SET PASSWORD FOR ‘root’@'localhost’ = PASSWORD(’yourpassword’);

Then restart your service -if needed-

If not... Try to edit config.inc.php file.

Regards,

Carlos Sura

#1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

From: Isaac Lee on
thanks carlos,

but where would i enter that command?

and i tried editing the php.ini file but that didn't accomplish anything.

isaac

From: Isaac Lee on
im using windows.

From: Carlos Sura on

Hello Isaac Lee,

I don't remember well, but I think this is the way to do it in Windows.
You can try this:

Start ------> Run ----> cmd // Write it and press enter key.
It will show you a MS-DOS window,
Write there: mysql

now:
mysql> cd c:\location\mysql\bin

Then you might try:
mysqladmin -u root password new_password

Now type:
mysql -u root -p

Write your new password now :)

If none of this work...