From: Huub on
Hi,

I have Slackware 12 running fine, with the MySQL server that came with
Slackware. Now I want to use OpenOffice MySQL connector, but that only
works with MySQL > 5.1, and Slack's version is 5.0.x
Before trying to replace my current version, I would like to know whether
it would be safe at all to put a non-Slack version on it?

Thanks
From: Giovanni on
On 07/06/10 12:20, Huub wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have Slackware 12 running fine, with the MySQL server that came with
> Slackware. Now I want to use OpenOffice MySQL connector, but that only
> works with MySQL > 5.1, and Slack's version is 5.0.x
> Before trying to replace my current version, I would like to know whether
> it would be safe at all to put a non-Slack version on it?

MySQL connector works with the my Slackware 12.1 installation.
I'm using the default mysql-5.0.51b-i486-1 and
openoffice.org-enUS-3.1.1-i586-2 packages with
mysql-connector-ooo-1.0.0-linux-intel.oxt

Ciao
Giovanni
--
A computer is like an air conditioner,
it stops working when you open Windows.
From: Res on
On Tue, 06 Jul 2010 10:20:51 +0000, Huub wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have Slackware 12 running fine, with the MySQL server that came with
> Slackware. Now I want to use OpenOffice MySQL connector, but that only
> works with MySQL > 5.1, and Slack's version is 5.0.x Before trying to
> replace my current version, I would like to know whether it would be
> safe at all to put a non-Slack version on it?
>
> Thanks

absolutely safe