From: Frank Kotler on
SpooK wrote:
> On Jul 31, 6:26 pm, "Jim Carlock" <anonym...(a)127.0.0.1> wrote:

>>And I might as well get some help on how to convert the .h files into
>>.inc files. So if someone can offer some advice there, that would be
>>great.
>
> -----> http://www.japheth.de/h2incX.html <---- although it is MASM-
> specific. I thought about designing one for the NASM32 Project...
> eventually... like everything else :P

The last link I've got to Johannes Kroll's "h2incn" is 404, but I stuck
a version on my site. May not be the latest.

http://home.comcast.net/~fbkotler/h2incn-0.5.tar.gz

Best,
Frank
From: SpooK on
On Aug 1, 12:36 am, Frank Kotler <fbkot...(a)verizon.net> wrote:
> SpooK wrote:
> > On Jul 31, 6:26 pm, "Jim Carlock" <anonym...(a)127.0.0.1> wrote:

> >>And I might as well get some help on how to convert the .h files into
> >>.inc files. So if someone can offer some advice there, that would be
> >>great.
>
> > ----->http://www.japheth.de/h2incX.html<---- although it is MASM-
> > specific. I thought about designing one for the NASM32 Project...
> > eventually... like everything else :P
>
> The last link I've got to Johannes Kroll's "h2incn" is 404, but I stuck
> a version on my site. May not be the latest.
>
> http://home.comcast.net/~fbkotler/h2incn-0.5.tar.gz
>
> Best,
> Frank

Practically a public domain license as well... I'll probably just try
to expand on his work and include it into the next NASM32 release!!!

Thanks for the file :)

From: Jim Carlock on
SpooK wrote:
> ----->http://www.japheth.de/h2incX.html<---- although it is MASM-
> specific. I thought about designing one for the NASM32 Project...
> eventually... like everything else :P

On Aug 1, 12:36 am, Frank Kotler <fbkot...(a)verizon.net> wrote:

> The last link I've got to Johannes Kroll's "h2incn" is 404, but I stuck
> a version on my site. May not be the latest.
>
> http://home.comcast.net/~fbkotler/h2incn-0.5.tar.gz

I've converted the h2incn from the C99 format to a VC6 format. The
details of the conversion are listed at the following link (in the download).
The download is the C99 software with the needed changes to make it
acceptable (compilable) with VC6. I have not tested it, but I plan on
doing that soon (a learning thing for myself currently).

Thanks goes to Kim Gr�sman (MS MVP) for the help provided with in
getting the final problem fixed to make it compilable with VC6. Details
about the updates are included in the source files and the ReadMe.txt file
provided.

http://www.microcosmotalk.com/tech/asm/nasm/#vc6_h2incn

The MD5 checksums on the files can be read by holding the mouse over
the individual links, but they're provided here as well:

f24664157516f2f37c36b547d7d08cf2 *h2incn.zip
11a5a80b18793949011f7baf423ab42b *h2incn-0.5.tar.gz

The latter file is the same file that Frank provided in his link above.

If anyone wants to run it through some tests and help out, I'd greatly
appreciate the help and it might help make things go a little quicker.

Thanks.

--
Jim Carlock

From: SpooK on
On Aug 2, 10:37 pm, "Jim Carlock" <anonym...(a)127.0.0.1> wrote:
> SpooK wrote:
> > ----->http://www.japheth.de/h2incX.html<---- although it is MASM-
> > specific. I thought about designing one for the NASM32 Project...
> > eventually... like everything else :P
>
> On Aug 1, 12:36 am, Frank Kotler <fbkot...(a)verizon.net> wrote:
>
> > The last link I've got to Johannes Kroll's "h2incn" is 404, but I stuck
> > a version on my site. May not be the latest.
>
> >http://home.comcast.net/~fbkotler/h2incn-0.5.tar.gz
>
> I've converted the h2incn from the C99 format to a VC6 format. The
> details of the conversion are listed at the following link (in the download).
> The download is the C99 software with the needed changes to make it
> acceptable (compilable) with VC6. I have not tested it, but I plan on
> doing that soon (a learning thing for myself currently).
>
> Thanks goes to Kim Gräsman (MS MVP) for the help provided with in
> getting the final problem fixed to make it compilable with VC6. Details
> about the updates are included in the source files and the ReadMe.txt file
> provided.
>
> http://www.microcosmotalk.com/tech/asm/nasm/#vc6_h2incn
>
> The MD5 checksums on the files can be read by holding the mouse over
> the individual links, but they're provided here as well:
>
> f24664157516f2f37c36b547d7d08cf2 *h2incn.zip
> 11a5a80b18793949011f7baf423ab42b *h2incn-0.5.tar.gz
>
> The latter file is the same file that Frank provided in his link above.
>
> If anyone wants to run it through some tests and help out, I'd greatly
> appreciate the help and it might help make things go a little quicker.
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Jim Carlock

I would have to pass on that as I think a conversion to VC is a step
backwards in trying to make the most portable source. I will try to
target GCC/MinGW and Pelle's C... which I have successfully done with
the NASM sources as well.

I already have started modifying the source, bringing it back down
from C++ to just plain C. I am also almost finished translating
comments from German to English. I don't know how much more work I
will put into h2inc in the mean-time as my primary interest is still
in developing DynatOS.

Thanks anyhow :)

From: Jim Carlock on
Compiling the demo1.asm...

08/04/2007 11:28 PM 868 demo1.asm
08/05/2007 09:25 PM 1,536 demo1.exe
08/05/2007 01:50 PM 146,083 demo1.obj

NASM builds a huge object files, I'm guessing that it's throwing all
the structures from the include files into the object file. There any
way to get NASM to not create such a huge object file when the
WINDOWS.INC is included?

And one other question... there's alot of function names prefixed
with __stdcall_defined_.

%define __stdcall_defined_WSAStartup _WSAStartup@8

Pardon me for not looking at the source. Google found nothing
and found nothing in the help documents. Searched Google for
__stdcall_defined. Google didn't even turn the underscores into
spaces (so that's a good thing, I think). Is there something going
on somewhere that I'm not seeing?

Thanks.

--
Jim Carlock