From: mjhiggy on
NAV 2009 has been installed, uninstalled and then re-installed. When
trying to run the web services service, this error is received in the
event viewer

"The service MicrosoftDynamicsNavWS failed to start. This could be
caused by a configuration error. Detailed error information:HTTP could
not register URL https://+:7047/SERVERNAMEHERE/. Another application
has already registered this URL with HTTP.SYS.."

It would appear that the old installation is holiding/retaining this
registration, is there a way to remove this?

Thanks in adavnce
From: RedFox on
Please, see information in the files:
- ClientUserSettings.Config
- CustomSettings.config

From: Volker Str�hle on
Could You please tell me where I find ClientUserSettings.config? What is it
used for?

I have only CustomSettings.Config and Webservice is running.

Volker

From: mjhiggy on
On Jan 21, 1:22 pm, RedFox <redfox_...(a)ukr.net> wrote:
> Please, see information in the files:
> - ClientUserSettings.Config
> - CustomSettings.config
>

> "mjhi...(a)googlemail.com" wrote:
> > NAV 2009 has been installed, uninstalled and then re-installed. When
> > trying to run the web services service, this error is received in the
> > event viewer
>
> > "The service MicrosoftDynamicsNavWS failed to start. This could be
> > caused by a configuration error. Detailed error information:HTTP could
> > not register URL https://+:7047/SERVERNAMEHERE/. Another application
> > has already registered this URL with HTTP.SYS.."
>
> > It would appear that the old installation is holiding/retaining this
> > registration, is there a way to remove this?
>
> > Thanks in adavnce- Hide quoted text -

Hi

Can you give more details, it is not clear what to do in this, I can
see various options for settings, but not to remove any previous
installations?

Many thanks for your help