From: EnforcerMJ on
Uh, wow, where've you been??
Actually Norton ANTIVIRUS (NOT Internet security or 360 products),
have for several years now automatically DISABLED or TURNED OFF
the Windows Firewall. Even just the Antivirus software has protection
that is better than WIndows Firewall, which really cannot even be
called a BASIC firewall - really bad terminology - but in any case,
Norton Antivirus, while it does not contain an actual software firewall,
DOES provide the same type of protection that W.F. provides, but
better, so it automatically turns it off. In around 2006 it started
ASKING and recommending during the installation that you let it
turn off the firewall, now it just does it by default in most instances
that I have seen, and I install NAV on over a hundred computers
at week where I work. (Referring to XP now, not positive about
what it does on Vista).
It's always best to research a topic before posting such a misleading
comment and make it sound like it's a fact.
Hence, NAV and W.F. WILL INTERACT whatsoever!

From: "FromTheRafters" erratic on
It sounds like you understand neither.

What do you think a firewall protects you from? How about an antivirus
program? How do these relate?

If an AV application "turns off" my firewall when I install it, it
better be just temporary or that application is outta there.