From: Tim Slattery on
24ggirl <24ggirl(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hey thanks for this in locating this for me and for the tip about proceeding
>at my own risk as well also. Just one 3 part question, is everything I post
>in the future to any forum in Microsoft gonna be saved to the google groups
>for me to look up later on if I ever need to and for how long will they be
>stored online?

So far Google keeps all posts forever. (Or they say they do. There are
a few things that *should* be there that I can't find in Google's
archive.)

>How did these get saved and stored on google groups?

Google bought old archives from Deja News when they went out of
business. As for newer ones, Google simply operates their own Usenet
server, and saves everything that comes in into their bottomless
database.

--
Tim Slattery
Slattery_T(a)bls.gov
From: Leythos on
In article <a735v5l0pjg1bn28gpn9ehtjjh2v7cou6p(a)4ax.com>,
Slattery_T(a)bls.gov says...
> So far Google keeps all posts forever. (Or they say they do. There are
> a few things that *should* be there that I can't find in Google's
> archive.)

You can delete all your tracks from Google, and they honor it.

Trust yourself.
From: Ken Blake, MVP on
On Tue, 18 May 2010 03:04:01 -0700, 24ggirl
<24ggirl(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Thanks for this tip as well. A tip worth remembering and mentioning to say
> the very very least!

You're welcome. Glad to help.

From: 24ggirl on
Did you do this search under the google groups advanced search as well also?

From: 24ggirl on
Hey, thanks for sharing this little bit of info too. It's very good to know
that Google keeps all posts forever, but your right, I had some trouble in
finding some of my older posts as well also. It's also good to know that I
can delete all my tracks from Google as well if I ever ever need to. Thanks
for sharing that with me as well.