From: Steveb on
Windows update downloaded and failed to install updates for .NET 2.0 and .NET
3.5 initially. Found instructions to download cleanup tool, remove both 2.0
and 3.5 and manually reinstall them. The problem with 2.0 went away, but the
update installer thinks I still need the update for 3.5 and keeps trying to
install it, and failing with the error code: 0x8007064C

It's blocking all other updates. Please suggest how to fix it.
From: Ǝиçεl on
Hello Steve,

Google is your friend. A search for this error code showed this as the
first of many entries: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958055/en-us

Please let us know what fixes the problem or if the pяoblem remains

Ǝиçεl
©¿©¬
-=-

From: SteveB on
Thanks for the suggestion but I already tried it and it didn't work.

This problem is now solved. I ended up having to remove the whole .NET
Framework (all versions) and then reinstalled them all again with all Service
Packs. Quite a tedious process, but it worked. Now Windows Update is working
properly again.

Steve