From: James Lamanna on
Hi,
A couple of users have been getting this same .NET Runtime 2.0 error
from an app that I have written, and I haven't been able to diagnose
or debug the problem:

Faulting application.....faulting module kernel32.dll version
5.1.2600.3119 stamp 46239bd5 debug? 0, fault address 0x00012a5b.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

-- James
From: Kerem G�mr�kc� on
Hi James,

without a callstack, some code and knowing what
is going on there before this instruction at this address
has been executed, it is impossible to tell what this
error exactly means. You need to attach a debugger
at this point and go down the callstack to see what
instruction/operation made this "fault" exception appear,...

Do you Pinvoke, read/write to raw app memory? Do
you have any native code pinvoking from .NET? Do
you use hooking methods? We need more Information
about your application,...

Regards

Kerem

--
-----------------------
Beste Gr�sse / Best regards / Votre bien devoue

From: Michael Nemtsev [MVP] on
Hello James,

just to add to previous post make sure that u have all latest .NET SP installed

coz very rare it can be .NET FW bug :)

---
WBR,

From: James Lamanna on
Hi,
Unfortunately I haven't been able to reproduce this error on any of my
systems, this only occurs on a couple of client machines.
I do use P/Invoke in some places.
I guess I'll keep trying to duplicate the error here so I can get a
debugger on it.

Thanks.

-- James