From: wheels on
"Dave R." wrote:

> "Jim" <j.n(a)nospam.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "wheels" <wheels(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >>I have a script that uses 'NET USER' to alter user parameters on a
> >> workstation. I'm wondering what the parameter is to set the 'Password
> >> never
> >> expires' flag to 'YES.'
> >>
> > I don't know the answer, but if it is all possible to do this, you can
> > find out by entering:
> > Net User ?
> >

> 'NET HELP USER' (and more generally, 'NET HELP <command>'), reveals much
> more information about the parameters and options than 'NET USER ?' (or
> 'NET <command> ?').
>
> FYI
>
> Dave

Unfortunately, 'User must change password at next logon' was added after the
'Net help user' was created, so it doesn't show up in that help reply. Our
problem is that we use the script to change 'User can change password' to
'No.' This, combined with the default check of the change at logon box made
for a circular logon experience.

By the time I get to the bottom of it, we _may_ have ADS installed, but I'd
still like to know what the flag is...

Thanks for all the replies,
Geoff.
From: wheels on
What I _really_ mean is what is the flag for 'User must change password at
next logon,' since this is the checkbox that gets our users hung in an
endless loop (when combined with 'User cannot change password').

TIA,
Geoff.

From: "Dave R." dwragle drbsystems on

> What I _really_ mean is what is the flag for 'User must change
> password at
> next logon,' since this is the checkbox that gets our users hung in an
> endless loop (when combined with 'User cannot change password').

Near as I can tell there isn't any way to do this with NET USER. You
might check in microsoft.public.win2000.cmdprompt.admin to see if they
have a way to do what you want with another utility/tool.

Regards,

Dave