From: Claudia d'Amato on
As far as I understand the .NET framework is cumulative since v2.0.
That means I can de-install .NET Redistributables v2.0 + v3.0 if v3.5 is installed.

All .NET programs will run as long as v1.1 and the latest version (currently v3.5 SP1) are installed.

Is this correct?

Claudia

From: Mr. Arnold on
Claudia d'Amato wrote:
> As far as I understand the .NET framework is cumulative since v2.0.
> That means I can de-install .NET Redistributables v2.0 + v3.0 if v3.5 is installed.
>
> All .NET programs will run as long as v1.1 and the latest version (currently v3.5 SP1) are installed.
>
> Is this correct?
>
> Claudia

3.0 and 3.5 are just extensions of 2.0 and 2.0 was not an extension of
1.1, so you are correct. If something wants one of the versions, you'll
know about, as some .Net programs when installed are looking for a
particular version to be on the machine.
From: harborsparrow on
CAUTION! In terms of functionality, 3 and 3.5 do contain most of what
2.0 has in it. Nevertheless, an application which has been compiled
for 2.0 will require the 2.0 runtime to be present (unless I am
mistaken).

From: MarkusSchaber on
Hi,

On 28 Mrz., 19:00, harborsparrow <pgpal...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> CAUTION!  In terms of functionality, 3 and 3.5 do contain most of what
> 2.0 has in it.  Nevertheless, an application which has been compiled
> for 2.0 will require the 2.0 runtime to be present (unless I am
> mistaken).

As far as I know, they "contain most of what 2.0 has in it" by simply
depending on 2.0 being installed and using the 2.0 components.

So you cannot uninstall 2.0 when you need 3.0, and you cannot
uninstall 3.0 when you need 3.5.

Markus