From: KDT on
On Aug 13, 6:42 pm, John Navas <spamfilt...(a)navasgroup.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Aug 2010 15:01:45 -0700 (PDT), in
> <671793c4-4345-4315-8d57-b3c27e945...(a)s9g2000yqd.googlegroups.com>, KDT
>

> <scarface...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> >On Aug 13, 4:25 pm, John Navas <spamfilt...(a)navasgroup.com> wrote:
> >> On Fri, 13 Aug 2010 12:11:41 -0700 (PDT), in
> >> <b4f3b9f0-c9b4-4763-a6ac-37acb7917...(a)y11g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>, KDT
>
> >> You don't.
> >> Are you not paying attention to my answers?  Or are you in denial?  ;)
> >> And iTunes doesn't run on phones (last time I checked at least).
>
> >Let's see, you've listed....
>
> >1. A program to buy music (Amazon MP3)
>
> On the phone.  Comes preloaded.
> What do you use on the iPhone that has comparable capabilities?

Uhh iTunes. Does Amazon MP3 even give you credit for songs you bought
when you get ready to buy the complete album? Then again, when I buy
music on my Touch and connect the Touch to my computer, it
automatically syncs the songs. Not only that, I usually use my laptop
for syncing. When I connect iTunes from my Mac Mini (which is
connected to my home theatre system) to my Windows laptop running
iTunes, the song is automatically transferred to my Mac Mini. Oh
yeah, and I can use my Touch* as a remote to control iTunes on my Mac
from anywhere in the house.....

Please don't say you can do the same thing with a VNC client unless
you've actually used the remote app.

*substitute "Touch" for "iPhone" as necessary.....

> >2. A program to manage podcast
>
> No, a podcast client that includes management capabilities.
> What do you use on the iPhone that has comparable capabilities?

So you're telling me that you can keep your computer and your phone in
sync and it will automatically keep track of/remove podcasts that
you've listened to? As I said in another post, I use multiple
devices.

> >3. A program/service to manage text messages
>
> No, a comprehensive communications system.
> What do you use on the iPhone that has comparable capabilities?

Text messages automatically get backed up along with everything
else.
> >4. A program to backup the rest of your phones contents
>
> Yep.  To the cloud.
> What do you use on the iPhone that has comparable capabilities?

There are plenty of free solutions to back up contacts from the
iPhone.-- including Google Sync.
> >5. Going back to Google Market place to redownload all of your apps
> >(and what about the data for the apps?)
>
> No, MyBackup restores them.
> What do you use on the iPhone that has comparable capabilities?

iTunes

> >6. A program to sync your contacts.
>
> No, that's the Google cloud.
> What do you use on the iPhone that has comparable capabilities?

iTunes

> >And you still have a crummy media management solution.....
>
> Not to me.  YMMV.

How well does your solution do smart playlists?

From: KDT on
On Aug 13, 6:45 pm, John Navas <spamfilt...(a)navasgroup.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Aug 2010 15:04:11 -0700 (PDT), in
> <fff0d579-f7bb-46e1-a9d3-719e73bbd...(a)w30g2000yqw.googlegroups.com>, KDT
>

> <scarface...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> >On Aug 13, 4:26 pm, John Navas <spamfilt...(a)navasgroup.com> wrote:
> >> On Fri, 13 Aug 2010 12:45:07 -0700 (PDT), in
> >> <2e99bca8-230d-4ce3-92d4-38125d517...(a)w30g2000yqw.googlegroups.com>, KDT

> >> There's a lesson there.  ;)
>
> >Best Buy doesn't require you to wait for a rebate -- unlike,
> >ironically, buying directly from Sprint.
>
> There's a lesson there.  ;)  Hint: Don't buy from Sprint.

Verizon also requires you to mail in a rebate.....

http://www.androidcentral.com/motorola-droid-x-verizon-official

as does AT&T

http://www.knowyourcell.com/news/418774/motorola_backflip_launching_march_7th_on_att_9999_after_rebate.html

> >> No.  There's a lesson there too.  ;)
>
> >So there is something hard about docking your iPhone, backing up, and
> >then restoring on your new phone?
>
> It requires tethering to bloatware on your computer that has a nasty
> habit of corrupting its own database and/or your tethered device,
> whereas I use the cloud seamlessly and easily right from my mobile
> wherever I happen to be.

I've been using both the Windows and Mac versions of iTunes since 2003
and have never had an issue....