From: Larry on
John Navas <spamfilter1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote in

> No one is truly offering flat-rate
>>unlimited mobile broadband.
>
> No one ever really has.

Streaming WKRG-TV's oil spill cams on-the-road has eaten up lots of Cricket
bandwidth last month on my account. Is 22GB unlimited service for $40??

I also stream a lot of radio from overseas in the car because American
radio is just a line of spam and noise any more. I'd rather listen to BBC
than NBC or hate radio. Thanks everyone in the UK!

I tried to pay my TV tax to BBC to get access to BBC home TV channels over
the net, but they graciously have refused my offer, so far.....darn it. I
have been successful in coming in the backdoor by "being in the UK", by
using a UK proxy server to fool them....(c;]

See my other post on $50 Cricket unlimited from Walmart in Cricket's
footprint, which grows every month, now. 1.4Mbps, no GB limit.

--
iPhone 4 is to cellular technology what the Titanic is to cruise ships.

Larry

From: John Navas on
On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 03:40:27 +0000, in
<Xns9DBDF0AD5CED4noonehomecom(a)74.209.131.13>, Larry <noone(a)home.com>
wrote:

>John Navas <spamfilter1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote in
>
>> No one is truly offering flat-rate
>>>unlimited mobile broadband.
>>
>> No one ever really has.
>
>Streaming WKRG-TV's oil spill cams on-the-road has eaten up lots of Cricket
>bandwidth last month on my account. Is 22GB unlimited service for $40??
>
>I also stream a lot of radio from overseas in the car because American
>radio is just a line of spam and noise any more. I'd rather listen to BBC
>than NBC or hate radio. Thanks everyone in the UK!
>
>I tried to pay my TV tax to BBC to get access to BBC home TV channels over
>the net, but they graciously have refused my offer, so far.....darn it. I
>have been successful in coming in the backdoor by "being in the UK", by
>using a UK proxy server to fool them....(c;]
>
>See my other post on $50 Cricket unlimited from Walmart in Cricket's
>footprint, which grows every month, now. 1.4Mbps, no GB limit.

All carriers manage their network usage.

--
John

"Assumption is the mother of all screw ups."
[Wethern�s Law of Suspended Judgement]
From: Steve Sobol on
In article <56vh46tao03d9vpfvb5qm341kn0e140e4r(a)4ax.com>, spamfilter1
@navasgroup.com says...

> >OK, only Verizon and AT&T are getting rid of the unlimited plans, but
> >Sprint and T-Mo have bandwidth caps. No one is truly offering flat-rate
> >unlimited mobile broadband.
>
> No one ever really has.

That's right, but I can remember a time, in the recent past, when that
didn't matter.

I can't really see how, with their current policies, the carriers expect
mobile video and similar services to really take off.

--
Steve Sobol, Victorville, California, USA
sjsobol(a)JustThe.net
From: John Navas on
On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 22:10:52 -0700, in
<MPG.26b2c43b1fed8c149899cb(a)news.justthe.net>, Steve Sobol
<sjsobol(a)JustThe.net> wrote:

>In article <56vh46tao03d9vpfvb5qm341kn0e140e4r(a)4ax.com>, spamfilter1
>@navasgroup.com says...
>
>> >OK, only Verizon and AT&T are getting rid of the unlimited plans, but
>> >Sprint and T-Mo have bandwidth caps. No one is truly offering flat-rate
>> >unlimited mobile broadband.
>>
>> No one ever really has.
>
>That's right, but I can remember a time, in the recent past, when that
>didn't matter.
>
>I can't really see how, with their current policies, the carriers expect
>mobile video and similar services to really take off.

I think carriers expect mobile video and similar services to be revenue
generators; i.e., content from the carrier's captive portal and its
partners without a cap versus Google (YouTube) with a cap. So much for
"net neutrality".

From: Justin on
Steve Sobol wrote on [Thu, 22 Jul 2010 22:10:52 -0700]:
> In article <56vh46tao03d9vpfvb5qm341kn0e140e4r(a)4ax.com>, spamfilter1
> @navasgroup.com says...
>
>> >OK, only Verizon and AT&T are getting rid of the unlimited plans, but
>> >Sprint and T-Mo have bandwidth caps. No one is truly offering flat-rate
>> >unlimited mobile broadband.
>>
>> No one ever really has.
>
> That's right, but I can remember a time, in the recent past, when that
> didn't matter.
>
> I can't really see how, with their current policies, the carriers expect
> mobile video and similar services to really take off.

Ah, that's the thing. You can get VZW TV for $10 a month and no data charge.
How does that change your view on the matter?