From: John Navas on

In all, the iPhone 4 offers a lot of photo and video power for the
average user�some may even find it enough to consider eschewing a
standalone point-and-shoot still camera or compact camcorder. Those with
more serious imaging needs won't be ditching a DSLR or 3-CCD video
camera anytime soon, but there are a few welcome improvements for casual
use. Judging from the samples Apple has provided so far, the improved
camera hardware looks like it will be a solid performer.

MORE:
<http://arstechnica.com/apple/news/2010/06/sizing-up-the-iphone-4-for-shutterbugs.ars>
From: Mr. Strat on
In article <7col165fm8ghsiajdakf7i3rjtfphu0t06(a)4ax.com>, John Navas
<jncl1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote:

> In all, the iPhone 4 offers a lot of photo and video power for the
> average user�some may even find it enough to consider eschewing a
> standalone point-and-shoot still camera or compact camcorder. Those with
> more serious imaging needs won't be ditching a DSLR or 3-CCD video
> camera anytime soon, but there are a few welcome improvements for casual
> use. Judging from the samples Apple has provided so far, the improved
> camera hardware looks like it will be a solid performer.

It couldn't make your images look any worse and would probably be a
step up from your precious Panasonic.
From: John Navas on
On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 06:11:39 -0700, in
<180620100611396422%rag(a)nospam.techline.com>, "Mr. Strat"
<rag(a)nospam.techline.com> wrote:

>In article <7col165fm8ghsiajdakf7i3rjtfphu0t06(a)4ax.com>, John Navas
><jncl1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote:
>
>> In all, the iPhone 4 offers a lot of photo and video power for the
>> average user�some may even find it enough to consider eschewing a
>> standalone point-and-shoot still camera or compact camcorder. Those with
>> more serious imaging needs won't be ditching a DSLR or 3-CCD video
>> camera anytime soon, but there are a few welcome improvements for casual
>> use. Judging from the samples Apple has provided so far, the improved
>> camera hardware looks like it will be a solid performer.
>
>It couldn't make your images look any worse and would probably be a
>step up from your precious Panasonic.

Back into the killfile you go!

--
Best regards,
John

"Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level
and then beat you with experience." -Dr. Alan Zimmerman
From: George Kerby on

On 6/18/10 8:33 AM, in article ddtm1695nkaorb16ge0mni1rmd2ripih6m(a)4ax.com,
"John Navas" <jncl1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 06:11:39 -0700, in
> <180620100611396422%rag(a)nospam.techline.com>, "Mr. Strat"
> <rag(a)nospam.techline.com> wrote:
>
>> In article <7col165fm8ghsiajdakf7i3rjtfphu0t06(a)4ax.com>, John Navas
>> <jncl1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote:
>>
>>> In all, the iPhone 4 offers a lot of photo and video power for the
>>> average user�some may even find it enough to consider eschewing a
>>> standalone point-and-shoot still camera or compact camcorder. Those with
>>> more serious imaging needs won't be ditching a DSLR or 3-CCD video
>>> camera anytime soon, but there are a few welcome improvements for casual
>>> use. Judging from the samples Apple has provided so far, the improved
>>> camera hardware looks like it will be a solid performer.
>>
>> It couldn't make your images look any worse and would probably be a
>> step up from your precious Panasonic.
>
> Back into the killfile you go!

Me too, NavASS. Me too! PLEASE!

From: ransley on
On Jun 17, 10:02 pm, John Navas <jn...(a)navasgroup.com> wrote:

> In all, the iPhone 4 offers a lot of photo and video power for the
> average user—some may even find it enough to consider eschewing a
> standalone point-and-shoot still camera or compact camcorder. Those with
> more serious imaging needs won't be ditching a DSLR or 3-CCD video
> camera anytime soon, but there are a few welcome improvements for casual
> use. Judging from the samples Apple has provided so far, the improved
> camera hardware looks like it will be a solid performer.
>
> MORE:
> <http://arstechnica.com/apple/news/2010/06/sizing-up-the-iphone-4-for-...>

I would be suprised if its anywhere near camera quality to print large
and exposure control will lack. its just a phone and Mp means nothing
as to overall quality. Photos may look decent on the phone but it wont
replace any decent camera.