From: Neil Rutman on
Reaktor 5, Absynth 5, Massive and FM8 are all $99 for the next 3 days.

I'm not familiar with these. Any of them must haves?

Neil R

From: Steve_Karl on
I have Absynth3 and it's awesome. It's a programmers synth capable of almost anything, but it's not an easy learning curve.
Very complex.
Not nearly as immediate as something like Atmosphere, but then again Atmosphere could never go
where Absynth can go and Absynth will never be as quick and easy to get an ambient wash as
Atmosphere. I use Absynth on rare occasions. I might jsut jump on version 5 if it's got newer stuff in it.

I've no experience with the others.

Steve

From: Neil Rutman on
Decided to go for Absynth and so far I'm impressed.

Steve, this version has something called "mutate" which can quickly combine
2 or more patches and create amazing sounds that are easily tweakable.

It looks pretty complex to create new patches from scratch but with mutate
you can move pretty quickly to create new and interesting sounds.

Also the search capabilities to find sounds you are looking for are very
detailed and powerful.

Thumbs up!

Neil R

From: Steve_Karl on
Hi Neil,

Yes. I watche dthe videos.
Thanks,

Note: There's a bug involving the location of samples ( not patches ... samples )
where they have to be in the default location on the C: drive.

There was a registry hack to fix this for version 3, but I suspect it doesn't work for V5.

From: Tom B on
Can you tell me something. I was not able to see the actual programming
page. If you are designing a sound is there a readout for the exact Hz of
the tone being created. If you wanted to create a sound based on a low C for
instance can you see somehow that you are dialing in 65.41 Hz?

Also on that system they have where you have a sound and then choose say
Dark and Hollow or whatever to morph to. After it builds that new sound can
you switch to a detailed programming page or pages to see what exactly
changed?