From: mark on
I would greatly appreciate any help:

I have everything set up but when I run /usr/lib/yp/ypinit -m it stops
with the error

gmake[1]: *** No rule to make target '/etc/publickey', needed by
'publickey.byname'. Stop.

I don't have the newkey program installed as I don't know which package
it is in.

Thanks in advance.
From: Henrik Carlqvist on
mark <nospam(a)fakesite.com> wrote:
> I have everything set up but when I run /usr/lib/yp/ypinit -m it stops
> with the error
>
> gmake[1]: *** No rule to make target '/etc/publickey', needed by
> 'publickey.byname'. Stop.

Unless you want to share publickey with NIS the easiest solution might be
to modify /var/yp/Makefile. There is a comment in that file:

# If you don't want some of these maps built, feel free to comment
# them out from this list.

If you place a # in front of publickey that map will not be built.

regards Henrik
root(a)localhost postmaster(a)localhost

From: mark on
Henrik Carlqvist wrote:
> mark <nospam(a)fakesite.com> wrote:
>> I have everything set up but when I run /usr/lib/yp/ypinit -m it stops
>> with the error
>>
>> gmake[1]: *** No rule to make target '/etc/publickey', needed by
>> 'publickey.byname'. Stop.
>
> Unless you want to share publickey with NIS the easiest solution might be
> to modify /var/yp/Makefile. There is a comment in that file:
>
> # If you don't want some of these maps built, feel free to comment
> # them out from this list.
>
> If you place a # in front of publickey that map will not be built.
>
> regards Henrik
Thanks for the help, that did the trick.

--
Mark Mckee
CompTIA A+ Certified