From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Did you read http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/default.mspx??

From: - Bobb - on
"yuppicide" <nosir(a)nosir.com> wrote in message
>> Anyway, I had a bunch of newsgroups setup in Outlook Express 6 at work.
>> Slowly the newsgroups are disappearing.

One note: a lot of businesses block news ports (119 etc) .... Have you asked
there?
Does that newsgroup work at home ?

http://www.freeusenetnews.com/

http://www.eternal-september.org/
Use need to get a free account, then try these:
> reader80.eternal-september.org
> reader 443.eternal-september.org
> news.eternal-september.org

or for a master list of all groups:
ftp://ftp.isc.org/pub/usenet/CONFIG/active

From: yuppicide on
We don't block anything at work. :) We used to have a Watchguard Firebox
firewall, but never used it. We've since removed it.

From: - Bobb - on

"yuppicide" <nosir(a)nosir.com> wrote in message
>I put "newsgroups" in quotes 'cause they're not newsgroups anymore.
>
> So, I'm in Outlook Express how do I find and add forums I want to read?

OE6 ?
MICROSOFT forums ?
If setup already click the heading of this folder - then click the
NEWSGROUPS tab.
Or of not set on your pc yet, open OE6 then click
Tools
Accounts
News tab
ADD - News
go thru the prompts to create a new one
point it to - msnews.microsoft.com

google for your OE version, like:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/171164

From: Steve Cochran on
The msnews server has removed the OE NGs.

One can access them via the servers mentioned in other messages in this thread.

steve