From: yuppicide on
I setup the NNTP Bridge.. I'm signed in.. now how do I find and add the
stuff I want to talk in?

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Start here: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/help#406

Then tell us how you're going to "talk" in MS Answers forums (not
newsgroups)?

From: yuppicide on
I put "newsgroups" in quotes 'cause they're not newsgroups anymore.

Anyway, I had a bunch of newsgroups setup in Outlook Express 6 at work.
Slowly the newsgroups are disappearing.

I figured out how to get the NNTP's installed. I wondered why they weren't
working, it was just that these computers are old (single core processor,
1GB ram, on XP Pro) and it took awhile for the NNTP software to open. So,
once the software opened I was able to hit START. I already had a login to
the website, all I needed to do was activate NNTP from My Settings.

Now that NNTP software is activated, I'm not sure how to read or post in the
areas I used to use find places.

For Example, I used to have about 8 or 9 newsgroups that I used to read and
post in.. Word, Excel, one for Windows XP Hardware, etc. Out of all the
newsgroups I used to read or participate in, there's only three left and
those will be gone some day.

So, I'm in Outlook Express how do I find and add forums I want to read?

With this NNTP Bridge you can only read and not make posts? If so, that is
useless to me and I'll uninstall the thing.. the reason I have this is
because it looks like I'm typing an email rather than surfing the web. This
way I can get help when I need help and stay under the radar.

From: Steve Cochran on
See https://connect.microsoft.com/content/content.aspx?ContentID=13816&SiteID=927

You need to log on with the bridge and not on the website. Then you can get a list of the fora via Tools | Newsgroups. After that you can subscribe and post as in OE.

steve

From: yuppicide on
Thanks. I thought that was a list of the old Newsgroups because most of the
ones I used to talk in are not in the list. I am guessing they did away with
a lot of them, such as the hardware one.