From: Mr.G ( on
Hi and I'm setting up a home network and 2 of the 3 computers are
working on the network except the laptop that has an Icon under
"Network Connections" and it says "Cable not connected". What does
that mean and how do I set it to look for a wireless connection, thanks
From: Richard in AZ on
Mr. G
May I suggest that you read the manual for that laptop.
The message you are getting means that you do not have an Ethernet cable connected from the computer
to the router.

If you are trying to connect to your "wireless" router (you do have a wireless router don't you?)
you have to first, turn on the wireless interface on the laptop. Second, use the wireless interface
to locate the wireless SSID and then connect. If your "wireless" router has a security code (and
it should) you then put this code into the setup and you should connect.