From: Highlight between 3 fields on
Hello

I made program on MS Access 2007.

I am thinking to make possibility for translate(changes) the "menu, buttoms
and columns name".

For the columns change so such as:

Original columns name Changes to other
Name Namn
Price1 Pris1
Price2 Pris2

After converting to MDE.
I mean when I give my work as MDE to anyone, so he can change the word that
needs for forms and raports.

Any comments appreciate.

Thanks
From: John W. Vinson on
On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 07:14:01 -0700, Highlight between 3 fields
<Highlightbetween3fields(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hello
>
>I made program on MS Access 2007.
>
>I am thinking to make possibility for translate(changes) the "menu, buttoms
>and columns name".
>
>For the columns change so such as:
>
>Original columns name Changes to other
>Name Namn
>Price1 Pris1
>Price2 Pris2
>
>After converting to MDE.
>I mean when I give my work as MDE to anyone, so he can change the word that
>needs for forms and raports.
>
>Any comments appreciate.
>
>Thanks

One possible solution would be to use the field's Caption property. If the
fieldname is "Price1" and the caption "Pris1" the latter is what you'll see in
many contexts.

Otherwise you'll need to just manually edit the controls.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: Highlight between 3 fields on
Hello

The important is not fieldname to be changed, but is it possibble to change
the caption?

If yes, how?

Best regards
From: John W. Vinson on
On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 11:28:01 -0700, Highlight between 3 fields
<Highlightbetween3fields(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>The important is not fieldname to be changed, but is it possibble to change
>the caption?
>
>If yes, how?

Sure. Open the table or query in design view; select the field; and change its
Caption property on the field properties.

In VBA you can reference the caption property of the field; you may need to
create the property first since it's a "user property" which doesn't exist
until it's needed.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: Highlight between 3 fields on
Hi

Thank you for information

I did test it and it work, but it didn't changed the caption on form.
Though the important is that be changed on form.

Is it possible to make the text on caption as link to another table or
something else to show the new text?

Thanks a lot
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2