From: Rajesh on
I try to add System.Core reference. But I cannot find System.

hon123456 wrote:

I try to add System.Core reference. But I cannot find System.
29-Apr-08

I try to add System.Core reference. But I cannot find System.Core
reference in
Reference of Visual Studio 2005. Please Help.

On Sunday, April 27, 2008 9:46 PM
arn wrote:

Re: System.Linq
hon123456 wrote:

VS 2005 is for .NET 2.0 - System.Core is new in .NET 3.5 - you
should be able to find it in VS 2008.

Arne

On Monday, April 28, 2008 1:17 AM
Jon Skeet [C# MVP] wrote:

Re: System.Linq
hon123456 <peterhon321(a)yahoo.com.hk> wrote:

You can't. You need to use VS2008.

(There may be some hacky way, but it's unlikely to be a good
experience.)

--
Jon Skeet - <skeet(a)pobox.com>
Web site: http://www.pobox.com/~skeet

On Monday, April 28, 2008 6:57 PM
arn wrote:

Re: System.Linq
Jon Skeet [C# MVP] wrote:

And if one has to ask about this, then it is not even
worth trying ...

Arne

On Tuesday, April 29, 2008 6:35 AM
hon123456 wrote:

System.Linq
Why does the compiler say that 'Linq' does not exist in the 'System'
namespace when specifying a using statement as follows:

using System.Linq;

----

hon123456 wrote:

I try to add System.Core reference. But I cannot find System.
I try to add System.Core reference. But I cannot find System.Core
reference in
Reference of Visual Studio 2005. Please Help.

On Tuesday, April 29, 2008 6:35 AM
hon123456 wrote:

On 4$B7n(B28$BF|(B, $B>e8a(B9$B;~(B35$BJ,(B, hon123456 <peterhon...
I am using Visual Studio 2005. Any method to Add System.Core. I know
System Core is in .Net Framework 3.5. How can I add System.Core to
Visual
Studio 2005. Thanks.

On Tuesday, July 01, 2008 2:57 PM
Oleg Polkovsky wrote:

Reply: System.Linq
I can suggest you an idea how to add the reference to System.Linq in a C# project. I'm not sure if it works in C# 2005, but it solves the problem in C# 2008.

1) Launch the C# 2008 environment and create or open the necessary project.

2) In the Solution Explorer section, find the node with the name of your project and right-click this node. A context menu will appear, and you have to choose the "Add Reference" option in this menu.

3) You'll see a window called "Add Reference". It has some pages (".NET", "COM", etc.). The first page (".NET") must be opened.

4) In the list below, find the component "System.Core", select it and click "OK".

5) Now you may type "using System.Linq" link in the Code Editor.

On Wednesday, January 28, 2009 11:52 AM
Ted Robinson wrote:

Linq not seen as a reference
To use it the project must be net 3.5 change in properties and you will see it this is in VS 2008

On Tuesday, March 24, 2009 10:10 AM
Senthil Ganesh wrote:

"System.Core"....in VS#2005
My application in VS# 2005,Is there any way to use
"System.Core"....in VS#2005.Help me..

Server Side Processing in ADO.NET/WCF Data Services
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/db179aed-47fa-4f86-a4bf-4f6f92a76585/server-side-processing-in.aspx