From: Mac on
Hi. Using Excel 2007. I want to force certain information into a cell.
Example: If Column B contains the text: "SAI", then column C must only allow
for a 13 digit long number (numeric). If I capture anything short of 13
digits into Column C, it must not allow this and force an error. However, if
Column B contains the text: "Passport", then column C must default to an
alphanumeric field (because passport no's differ in length and can be
alphanumeric).

I am not sure if Excel can cater for this in it's normal functions? Please
can someone assit?

Thanks
From: Scott M. on
This doesn't pertain to Microsoft .NET programming (which is what this group
is for), but I can tell you that to do that sort of complex If/Then logic,
you would need to program your requirements using Visual Basic for
Applications (VBA) in your Excel spreadsheet. In that environment, what you
want could be accomplished easily.

-Scott