From: nagendra prasad on
Hi All,

I have a huge set of MP3 database. My problem is that when I try to search
in my database its getting very slow. I was wondering if I split that
database into 2 or more tables. Will this improve the speed of searching? Is
it the best solution for my problem or is their any other solution?

Best,
Guru.
From: Bastien Koert on
On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 10:52 AM, nagendra prasad
<nagendra802000(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have a huge set of MP3 database. My problem is that when I try to search
> in my database its getting very slow. I was wondering if I split that
> database into 2 or more tables. Will this improve the speed of searching? Is
> it the best solution for my problem or is their any other solution?
>
> Best,
> Guru.

What are you :

a) searching on
b) have mysql indeces on

Also have you run an explain plan on the query to see if its using any indexes?

--

Bastien

Cat, the other other white meat