From: Katt on
PowerPoint 2007 crashed, and has disabled the Adobe Presenter add-in. When I
go to the Office menu > PowerPoint Options > Add-Ins, find the Presenter
Add-in, check the box and click "Add", it says only an Administrator can do
this. BUT I am the only Administrator. I have tried Restart and Reboot,
thinking if I signed in again it might help, but no.

I did the Office and Windows Genuine verification steps suggested on the site.

HELP! I need to create a Flash file and cannot get this stupid thing to
work... I have been using it for years, and have never encountered this
issues before (crashes, yes, often... these programs are just not compatible,
but never permanently before....)

Appreciate your help.
From: Christine on
I don't have a specific answer, but we went through a TON of issues between
PPT 2007 and Presenter last summer and I found the following community
helpful (somewhat) in addressing some of our issues.

http://www.connectusers.com/forums/cucbb/

I hope the link can point you in the right direction??

Christine

From: Steve Rindsberg on
In article <016535E8-3C4A-463D-8DA0-62C084368A2A(a)microsoft.com>, Katt wrote:
> PowerPoint 2007 crashed, and has disabled the Adobe Presenter add-in. When I
> go to the Office menu > PowerPoint Options > Add-Ins, find the Presenter
> Add-in, check the box and click "Add", it says only an Administrator can do
> this. BUT I am the only Administrator. I have tried Restart and Reboot,
> thinking if I signed in again it might help, but no.

You may have to start PPT with admin permissions.

In Vista, for example, hold down SHIFT while you rightclick the PPT shortcut and
choose Run As, then give it the admin credentials.

PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/