From: nagendra prasad on
Hi All,

I have a mysql database file of around 1 GB in size. Is their any tool which
which I can see all the database without uploading it on phpmyadmin on
localhost. I have tried to upload it on localhost but it said the file size
is too large (I have changed the ini file as well but no luck ). I need a
tool with which I can see all the tables and the data in the file.

Best,

--
Guru Prasad
Ubuntu Voice GTK+ Forum
From: Bastien Koert on
On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 9:52 AM, nagendra prasad
<nagendra802000(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have a mysql database file of around 1 GB in size. Is their any tool which
> which I can see all the database without uploading it on phpmyadmin on
> localhost. I have tried to upload it on localhost but it said the file size
> is too large  (I have changed the ini file as well but no luck ). I need a
> tool with which I can see all the tables and the data in the file.
>
> Best,
>

> --
> Guru Prasad
> Ubuntu Voice GTK+ Forum

If its a zip file, you can simply unzip the the folder in the correct
place in the mysql data folder. Note that this works best if the
engine type is MyIsam.

--

Bastien

Cat, the other other white meat
From: Ferdi on
I have a mysql database file of around 1 GB in size. Is their any tool which
which I can see all the database without uploading it on phpmyadmin on
localhost. I have tried to upload it on localhost but it said the file size
is too large (I have changed the ini file as well but no luck ). I need a
tool with which I can see all the tables and the data in the file.

Best,

--
Guru Prasad
Ubuntu Voice GTK+ Forum

Hi

Hove you made all the changes to the php.ini file?

upload_max_filesize = 2M
post_max_size = 8M

Besides the 2 settings above, try increasing the settings given below.

max_execution_time = 30 ; Maximum execution time of each script, in
seconds
max_input_time = 60 ; Maximum amount of time each script may spend
parsing request data
;max_input_nesting_level = 64 ; Maximum input variable nesting level (this
may not be needed in your case)
memory_limit = 128M ; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume
(128MB)

The effect of uploading a large file is that it will probably take quite
some time to upload, even over a local network.

HTH

Ferdi
From: Chris on
Ferdi wrote:
> [...]

That's pretty impractical for a 1g db.

Use rsync, scp or ftp which can handle large files.

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/