From: M Skabialka on
I have been given the task of updating a Kiosk presentation. As it is, for
every slide words or pictures fly off and on, fade, rotate, etc. It is
quite horrible to watch! Are there any guidelines as to what is pleasing
and compelling for people who might stop to watch, rather than make them run
away from the spectacle?

From: LVTravel on

"M Skabialka" <mskabialka(a)NOSPAMdrc.com> wrote in message
> I have been given the task of updating a Kiosk presentation. As it is,
> for every slide words or pictures fly off and on, fade, rotate, etc. It
> is quite horrible to watch! Are there any guidelines as to what is
> pleasing and compelling for people who might stop to watch, rather than
> make them run away from the spectacle?

There is a lot of information online about this topic. Google here is your
friend: Type "good powerpoint presentations" into the search window.

http://presentationzen.blogs.com/presentationzen/2005/09/whats_good_powe.html

www.iasted.org/conferences/formatting/Presentations-Tips.ppt

http://desktoppub.about.com/od/microsoft/bb/powerpointrules.htm

are only 3 of the many good links to read up on proper presentations.