From: chang on
Thanks for the fast response.

Did as you suggested. Deleted the new portal from Server B, and then delete
the 3 databases. Did a restore and all seems good. Then half way through
the process I get the error. "ERROR: Exception of type
Microsoft.SharePoint.Portal.Insatll.DuplicateDirectoryException was thrown."

Any ideas?

From: Lutt on
Did you delete the content database using SharePoint central admin
page? You cannot delete them from sql manager.

Central Admin->WSS->configure virtual server settings->Select your
server->manage content database.

Ting

From: chang on
Thanks Lutt. I deleted the databases manually from Enterprise Manager, but
was able to get it to work regardless of the error. Not sure what difference
this will make in the future. What I did after I deleted the Portal from
Sharepoint Administration and then manually deleted the 3 databases from
Enterprise Manager, I was able to do the restore but with the error. However
I went and recreate the portal and point to those databases. Reboot the
server and everything is there how I want it to be. An exact duplicate of
the portal within the old server.

Thanks again for your help.