From: Tom Miller on
I have volunteered to try to re-organize the website: http://www.hcci-ks.org
before we re-design/re-develop it. It apears to have been last touched with
FrontPage 2003. The current maintainer is an Administrative Assistant who
understands that she doesn't understand anything. If you import a copy of
the website you will discover that it has 1 images sub-directory and a bunch
of .htm, .pdf, .doc, .jpg files in the root.

If you simply try to move the graphics from the root into the images
sub-directory you will discover that you will break things because of
duplicate graphics file names. I finally got around that by creating a
second images sub-directory named images2.

I have now, re-created this website for about the 3rd time on my development
machine.

I have uploaded my progress todate at:
http://bluecollar.chatnfiles.com/projects/hcci-ks-v2/default.htm

This is a direct copy that I haven't made any changes to, hosted at the same
location: http://bluecollar.chatnfiles.com/projects/hcci-ks-backup/

They both behave the same way but differently from the main website. This
host sub-directory does not have FPSE installed. Any ideas why the buttons
are not rolling over correctly?

Thanks,
Tom
--
Who me? What signature?

I manage design and acquistion of data-driven websites at:
http://BlueCollar.ChatNFiles.com
Linkedin Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/tlgalenson
www.ChatNFiles.com has telnet chatting and more than 500,000 downloads

From: Ronx on
The images used for the rollovers are not on the server - or not where they
should be.

Example, the Home button (original site) uses buttonA.jpg and buttonB.jpg,
both in the
http://bluecollar.chatnfiles.com/projects/hcci-ks-v2/images/ folder.
ButtonA.jpg is there, buttonB.jpg isn't.

The updated site is looking in
http://bluecollar.chatnfiles.com/projects/hcci-ks-backup/images
but again buttonA.jpg is there, but no buttonB.jpg .
Same applies to buttonC.jpg - missing.
--
Ron Symonds
Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)

From: Tina Clarke on

Um if your going to redesign it why bother with the fp hover code? Just get
your design done and implement that.. why waste time on fp nav code you know
its never going to validate even if it works.???

Just implement some css instead... why not do that?

Tina

--
Migrating from FrontPage to Expression Web Ebook v2.0
New version includes help for EW 3.0

From: Tom Miller on

"Tina Clarke" <TinaClarke(a)any-expression.com> wrote in message

> Um if your going to redesign it why bother with the fp hover code? Just
> get your design done and implement that.. why waste time on fp nav code
> you know its never going to validate even if it works.???
>
> Just implement some css instead... why not do that?
>
> Tina

Excellent question Tina. Now that I have gotten all the way in there, I am
asking myself the very same question(s).

Basically I wanted to cleanup the website so it would be more maintainable.
Then if I were to stop there, at least there would be some improvement for
the A.A./Secretary who is their "maintainer."

Good intentions never go un-punished. Do they?

Thank you for jiggling my elbox.

Tom

From: Tom Miller on

> Example, the Home button (original site) uses buttonA.jpg and buttonB.jpg,
> both in the
> http://bluecollar.chatnfiles.com/projects/hcci-ks-v2/images/ folder.
> ButtonA.jpg is there, buttonB.jpg isn't.

Thanks, Ron.

Part of the headache on this website is duplicate image names located either
in the images folder or in the root of the website. I thought I downloaded
a copy of the website and haven't touched it but it sounds like I must have.

Tom
--
Who me? What signature?

I manage design and acquistion of data-driven websites at:
http://BlueCollar.ChatNFiles.com
Linkedin Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/tlgalenson
www.ChatNFiles.com has telnet chatting and more than 500,000 downloads

 |  Next  |  Last