From: "Manoj Burande" on
Hello There,

Can anybody please provide me the required configuration for the
main.cf and master.cf to configure my postfix mail server to send
only emails.

1] Postfix will never accept any emails for any domains for the email
delivery except my locally hosted domain.
2] Only emails generated through my JAVA application will accept for the
delivery on the internet.
3] Postfix should also responsible to deliver locally generated emails(for
root e.g. syslogd..) to any other email user from other domain e.g.
manoj.burande(a)artificialmachines.com.

I have already gone through the on line documentation for postfix but
found little bit information to configure postfix to send only emails.

Please help me.

Thanks in advance.

--
Manoj M. Burande,
Artificial Machines Pvt Ltd,

From: Noel Jones on
On 11/4/2009 6:30 AM, Manoj Burande wrote:
> Hello There,
>
> Can anybody please provide me the required configuration for the
> main.cf and master.cf to configure my postfix mail server to send
> only emails.
>
> 1] Postfix will never accept any emails for any domains for the email
> delivery except my locally hosted domain.
> 2] Only emails generated through my JAVA application will accept for the
> delivery on the internet.
> 3] Postfix should also responsible to deliver locally generated emails(for
> root e.g. syslogd..) to any other email user from other domain e.g.
> manoj.burande(a)artificialmachines.com.
>
> I have already gone through the on line documentation for postfix but
> found little bit information to configure postfix to send only emails.
>
> Please help me.
>
> Thanks in advance.

.... not a very clear description of what you're trying to
accomplish.

http://www.postfix.org/BASIC_CONFIGURATION_README.html
http://www.postfix.org/SOHO_README.html
http://www.postfix.org/STANDARD_CONFIGURATION_README.html

From: "Manoj Burande" on
Hi Noel,

Thanks for the reply.

Here is the my description which I have to configure with my postfix mail
server as,

1] My postfix mail server should only send emails on the internet.
2] Emails should only acceptable by mail server to deliver them on the
internet from my locally hosted domain (e.g. mail.mydomain.com)
3] Also I want to forward locally generated emails by log rotation to the
another email ID (e.g. manoj.burande(a)artificialmachines.com.

So can you please provide me the sample configuration for the same to
accomplish the postfix configuration with my above requirements.

Waiting for your response.

From: Noel Jones on
On 11/4/2009 11:00 AM, Manoj Burande wrote:
> Hi Noel,
>
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> Here is the my description which I have to configure with my postfix mail
> server as,
>
> 1] My postfix mail server should only send emails on the internet.
> 2] Emails should only acceptable by mail server to deliver them on the
> internet from my locally hosted domain (e.g. mail.mydomain.com)
> 3] Also I want to forward locally generated emails by log rotation to the
> another email ID (e.g. manoj.burande(a)artificialmachines.com.
>
> So can you please provide me the sample configuration for the same to
> accomplish the postfix configuration with my above requirements.
>
> Waiting for your response.

Here's a good starting point.
http://www.postfix.org/STANDARD_CONFIGURATION_README.html#local_network

-- Noel Jones