From: Flo on
Hello,

Please help. I have a columne A with department codes A, B, C, ... the
department codes are multiple lines, column B with numbers when there are
activity in that department. Can I do a countif function or other function
to summerize how many activity each department?
From: Luke M on
To count how many times there is activity for dept A:
=SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A100="A"),--(ISNUMBER(B2:B100))

To sum the numbers in column B associated with dept A:
=SUMIF(A:A,"A",B:B)

--
Best Regards,

Luke M

From: Ashish Mathur on
Hi,

Create a pivot table. Drag department code to the row area and numbers
column to the data area

--
Regards,

Ashish Mathur