From: stryped on
x-no-archive:yes

I have a :

Model # G35830WK

Chasis # CTC169JS6

With stations that go in and out. Wiggeling the coax sometimes fixes
it. I am assumming this is the notorious tuner ground problem. I have
not opened up the tv yet. Does anyone have a diagram on where the tuner
is and what needs to be taken off to get to it to re solder the tuner
shield?

I have also read elsewhere that some have fixed this by soldering a
jumper wire from the shield to a ground. Is this an acceptable fix for
those whose soldering skills may not be stellar? What ground would you
run the jumper wire to?

Thanks for your help!

From: kip on
Ok Remove the back of the TV .
You will see what is on the other end of the fitting that you are wiggling.
That's the tuner ,remove it then take of the cover and get out the mag
glass and reflow the bad connections.
Done many of those.

kip

From: stryped on
x-no-archive:yes

What is involved taking this out? Do I need to desolder anything? DO I
need to flip the tv over to get to this? Again, many thanks!

From: kip on
Well of course you have to unsolder it to remove it...and when you've
repaired it solder it back .
What the think its just sitting there ?

Slacken off chassis pull out and turn over use solder braid or sucker to
remove solder.

From: stryped on
x-no-archive:yes

I am sorry. I know you have to de solder the tuner cover. I meant the
board the tuner is mounted to in order to be able to solder the tuner
effecticely if that makes sense.