From: UncaJJ on
I have a ProScan 50" TV model PS52682 or PS60682 that has Chassis
CTC171 in it. I've determined from the web that I need to replace
CR4401 and C4402V on the deflection board, but can't find the parts
anywhere. Does anyone have an idea of where I could get these peices or
a cheap replacement deflection board?
Thanks!

From: UncaJJ on
Well, definitly not trying to put down your years of experience.
That's one of the reasons I'm posting here! :)

I'm just going off of the service log at
http://wa6ati.com/CTC170-171.html that shows

***"Proscan PS60682 CTC171 E/ W Pincushion PS60682 CTC171 Unit
has server hour glass distortion Unit has shorted CR4402 an C4402"***

I couldn't find a CR4402, but CR4401 on the service information sheet
shows cr4401 as "pincuson"

I don't have the component with me to give the number off of it, but
the diode looks like a TO-220 package with the center leg cut off.
(someone scribbled ECG580 on the printout I have.) The capacitor was a
large blue rectangular package that I don't know the name of, but the
same scribble says .015uF 1.6KV and the info sheet says "C4402V Pin
Retrace"

If you could provide me more help I would appreciate it imensly! I
can't find any reference to 243636, and if you could give me more info
on what thejungle IC is so I can resolder the shield you specified!

Thanks!
-J

From: Art on
Physically on the board they may be labeled CR402, CR401, Etc. Thomson
abbreviates to save ink on the pcb. Common practice.

From: UncaJJ on
Yeah, I was able to tell that the board said CR401 while the info sheet
listed CR4401...
Anyway, CR4401 has D08M-15 on it and a 45 underneath the diode
schematic on it. C4402V has "A .043J500" smoe kind of symbol then "309"

From: UncaJJ on
Well... I tested the diode and it seemed ok... replaced the capacitor
and it looks like it is projecting square on the wall... I'll find out
if it is working right after I move into my new house...