From: MayraS on
I have a table created where one of my fields in called "Completed" with a
Yes/No command option. I would like to know if there is a way that when I
check that box, the whole record can be automatically transferred to another
table where I can store records that are "completed". Essentially I would
have two tables, one with records where the "Completed" check box is not
checked and another table where the "completed" box is checked. I'm fairly
new to Access so I cannot figure this one out. Any help or suggestions would
be very much appreciated.
From: golfinray on
You can easily do that with an update query. But with you being fairly new to
Access, the code to automate that might be a little much. My suggestion is,
read the Access help files on update queries and try to get one set up where
it works when you just run the query manually. Then, once you get that
working, check back and someone can give the code to make that automatic.
--
Milton Purdy
ACCESS

From: Rob Parker on
What you are proposing is not the recommended practice, and there is no
reason to do so. Having two tables with identical structure, whose content
is determined by one the the data fields in those tables, is wrong. It will
certainly give problems (or make your life harder) if you later decide, for
example, to produce a report of all records, regardless of the Completed
state.

Leave all your data in a single table. Set up two queries (which you can
consider to be virtual tables - but with many advantages); one to return
only those records where Completed is true, the other to return only those
records where Completed is false. Use the queries as the recordsource for
any forms/reports where you would have used one or other of your proposed
tables.

HTH,

Rob

MayraS wrote:
> I have a table created where one of my fields in called "Completed"
> with a Yes/No command option. I would like to know if there is a way
> that when I check that box, the whole record can be automatically
> transferred to another table where I can store records that are
> "completed". Essentially I would have two tables, one with records
> where the "Completed" check box is not checked and another table
> where the "completed" box is checked. I'm fairly new to Access so I
> cannot figure this one out. Any help or suggestions would be very
> much appreciated.

Pages: 1
Prev: fran�ais
Next: Table to Form automatically