From: Rik_UK on
As suggested by Nadine, name cell E3 on Sheet 2 as UserEntry.

< Put your cursor in Sheet 2 Cell E3. Name the cell by going to the upper
left of your screen until you see a white box with E3 and a drop down arrow.
Click inside the white box and name the cell - call it UserEntry > from Nadine

Select all the cells in column C that need conditional formatting ie Sheet1
C2:C15000 (this will save having to copy the formatting later...)

With 'Formula Is' selcted copy the following in to the field:

=NOT(ISERROR(SEARCH(UserEntry,C2)))

Select the format required and then click OK.

Hope this was helpful.

Rik_UK